Wednesday, December 19, 2007

PF Bloggers Are Changing the World!

According to the news (sorry, I can’t access the internet from work or I’d post some links), Christmas shopping is down this year as compared to this time last year.  I definitely haven’t spent nearly as much as I did last year.  Let me be the first to blame Personal Finance blogs.  Millions of Americans (me included) were not taught about money as kids, most people don’t have time to read but there is something about PF blogs and reading other people’s experience with trying to manage their finances and get out debt that hits a nerve.  As a result, people are not only managing their money better but the people who would have been out this year charging credit cards are now showing restraint.  Maybe Generation X and the Baby boomers are learning that it’s more important to save than buy a toy that’s going to get broken two days later.     

 

Last year bloggers were voted the most important people of the world by People magazine.  Well, I think they’re right.  PF bloggers, in particular, are going to change the world and I don’t think “The Man” is going to appreciate that very much.  He wants us spending money and going into debt.  Not saving money, getting out of debt, and living a debt free life.  So I’ll leave you with these words “Fight the Power and Stay out (or get out) of Debt!” 

No comments: