Tuesday, December 18, 2007

NonFinancial Goal-lose 10 pounds

One of Nonfinancial Goals for 2008 is to lose 10 pounds.  I was at ~152 pounds when I made that goal in October.  I’ve since gained 4 pounds, despite doing yoga twice a week, tai chi twice a week, cardio twice a week and weight lifting twice a week.  If my clothes fit me better, then I wouldn’t be complaining but I’ve noticed that my clothes are tighter.  I may be gaining muscle but I’m definitely not losing fat, which means I need to start watching what I eat.  I don’t want to start counting calories.  I’m trying to make permanent life changes and calorie counting is not something I want to do for the rest of my life.  I enjoy exercise, I don’t necessarily enjoy counting my calories.  But if that’s what it takes, that is what I’ll have to do.  I’m hoping all I need to do is increase my cardio, so this week I’m going to implement getting up thirty minutes earlier (gasp) to jump rope.  We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: