Friday, December 14, 2007

Credit Stupidity and Call Avoidance

After I bought my home, I thought the hell with good credit.  I don’t need it anymore I have a house.  So when I had a medical emergency a year and a half ago and the hospital sent me an incorrect bill, I didn’t fight it.  Or more precisely, I didn’t take the time to call the hospital and give them the correct information.  Herego, they sent my bill to collections.  No biggy, I thought.  Especially, since it’s a hospital bill and lending agencies don’t usually look down on medical bills.  But I’m getting smarter.  Credit is very important, it’s a sign of character.  And more importantly, a bad credit score is an excuse to make money off me by charging absurdly high interest rates.  Well, today I called and gave the hospital my correct insurance information.  Hopefully, it’s not too late and I can work on getting the delinquency of my credit report.  I think I’ll also call and pay the delinquent C.ingular (Now AT.&T) account that I don’t feel like I’m responsible for since I canceled before thirty days was up and I returned the phone.    

All of this could have been solved by a couple of phone calls, but I hate customer service reps.  But today all of the reps have been nice and helpful, making me feel even stupider for not calling and taking care of things a long time ago.

No comments: