Friday, January 25, 2008

Rebatessssssss

In response to recession worries, congress has passed a rebate bill (duh!!) and if all goes well most of us should atleast get a $600 check by June.  On the way to work, I was worrying about how this money would affect future generations and according to Doughroller our kids would have to pay back “$150 billion plus interest.”  I’ll feel guilty but I’ll still take the money.  Would I use it to pay off debts?   No, by June I won’t have any cc debt.  My HELOC, student loans, and mortgage interest rates are low so right now it would not be beneficial to pay those off.  Personally, I want to spend it frivolously like “The Man” is hoping but that would be against the PF motto. So I’ll do something I read once from one of my favorite pf bloggers, Single Ma, Use half to put towards debt and use the other half for fun.  In my case, I’ll put half of my money in a Roth account and use the other half for a vacation.    Now I just gotta choose a Roth portfolio and a vacation spot!

No comments: