Wednesday, January 02, 2008

PF Blogs and Home Maintenence

Singing Praises once again.

Since reading PF blogs, I started earmarking funds for specific causes in my ING account.  I have the following accounts:

Emergency Fund

Home Maintenance

Car Maintenance

PE exam Fees

SecuritySystem/Terminex 

I’ve been saving up $100 a month for the past three (almost four months) and I have $300 in my Home Maintenance account.  It’s not much but it’s enough to get started on the home repairs that I’ve been putting off because I don’t have any money (or so I say).  I’ve already someone to come out and look at my fence and to give me an estimate.  Hopefully, it won’t take the whole $300 I have saved.  The best part is I’ll stop having that guilty feeling every time I pull up to my driveway and see my fence being held up by two boards.    

Saving up that $300 feels damn good!  It even feels better than shopping!

On a related topic, my house is an asset.  I should not have waited so long to fix my fence but better late than never.  So I’ve decided that ONCE I pass the PE exam in April, most of my raise will go into my Home Maintenance fund because my house is a pretty important asset and I’m three years behind in maintaining it.

No comments: