Monday, December 29, 2008

Feeling Poor For No Good Reason

I've been feeling really poor. I know I'm not poor. I know I'm well off, but I've had to cut back since I've started paying for school and i was really looking forward to getting a raise once i passed the exam. but i flunked the exam, so no raise. Now I'm beginning to wish that I'd stayed at the stressful consulting job where my raises were not contingent on the test. Sigh. I work for the government and we did have a small market adjustment raise a few months ago, but I put the entire raise in my retirement fund ($120/month). I could stop the retirement withdrawals until I'm finished paying for school, but I'm only missing out on eating out and buying more clothes and eating out. So I'll hold out for a few more months. I'll pass the test next time. The third time is the charm, right? In the mean time, I'll work on making multiple income streams. ::rolls eyes::

No comments: