Monday, February 11, 2008

Vacation Plans

I received $192 unexpectedly from Deadbeat Dad #1.  Apparently Child Support Enforcement found his bank account, took the money out and gave it to me.  I feel kinda bad for him.  Oh well.  Half of that money is going into the bank and the other half is gonna take me and my daughter, Maya, to  Wiscon, a feminist speculative fiction convention.  Yes, I am really that dorky.  I should have bought my tickets in December but I wanted to fly to San Fransisco but Maya wants to take a train to Wisconsin.  She is scared to fly.  Since her trip is the cheapest I guess we’ll do her thang.  The train takes forever, though…. But last year we had fun.  I was so proud to take my daughter across state lines.  Soon, I’ll be doing SingleMa’s thang and taking her out of the country. 

No comments: