Monday, July 21, 2008

I Can't Pass Up a Good Sale

I lost $337 in my 401k last month.  That really isn’t a lot of money.  Especially since I only have a pitiful $4,000 in my 401k account.  Some unwise people are taking their money out of the stocks and putting them into bonds and cash.  I don’t know much about the stock market so I have to believe the majority of pf bloggers and my 401k administrator  when they say as long as  I have a diversified asset allocation then I should stay where I am.  I followed the 401k administrator’s pie chart on asset allocation for my age and I’m holding with one exception.  Since the price of stock has fallen, technically they’re on sale.  I can’t pass up a good sale so I’ve increased my contribution by $10.   That’s kinda pitiful.   I think I’ll add another $15 to that and see if I notice the difference in my paycheck.  It’s not a lot but it’ll do until I get a good efund going on.

No comments: