Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Trap of Coupons

Every month I try to buy my kids clothes so that I don’t have to play catch up every few months.  Shamefully (not really), I have passed the $800 mark on my Banana Republic card for the year so, they upgraded me to the Luxe Card. *(I pay the card off every month). The card is accepted at Gap, BR, and Old Navy; all of my favorite stores.  When they sent me my pretty, new brown card I also received four coupons that had to be used before the month was up.  The coupons were all buy $50 worth of crap get $10 off.  Ooh, I wanted to use those suckers so bad.  I did good. I have not used them and the coupons are now expired.  They are no longer sitting in my purse tempting me. 

That is a prime example of why a budget is so important.  If it had been four months ago, I would have used all four coupons and charged it to the card and I know I would have not been able to pay if it off because it would have exceeded my clothing allowance for atleast three months.   Hahaha! I did not fall for their trap!

 

No comments: