Tuesday, October 30, 2007

NetWorth

I think I am going to include past big purchase items into my networth.  A part of me feels like I’m cheating by adding those items but another part of me feels like I paid good money for those things and they should be taken into account.  So, here is the list of my precious items that I feel are worth more than a few dollars:

Car: $5,000 (I need to look up the blue book value to be sure, but the car is only four years old so I believe it’s a good estimate)

Bed: $1,000 (I love my bedroom set)

Tables: $700 (Me like pretty wood)

TV:  $500 (me like my big flat screen)

Total: $7,200

If I was to sell the items today I would take no less than the above prices but it would probably be in my best interest to do some research on the subject.  The $7,200 increase in my networth will not affect my overall networth goal.  I still want to increase my networth by $16,000.

 

No comments: