Sunday, October 14, 2007

I am now a landlord

I am officially a landlord. It's a nice house. Of course, the house problems are popping up since they've been there for a week. The past owners had dogs and a flea infestation and my daughter and son have the flea bites to show for it. I've had to spend about $50 on flea stuff and I'll buy some more next month. I think my kids have bought the fleas to my house so i'll have to bug my house soon.

My mother, her boyfriend, and another roommate are spliting the rent. Thus, I pay nothing out of pocket. I am collecting rent for October and November so when the first mortgage payement is due in December I'll have a good cushion.

I'm proud of myself. I've been tottally watching my spending and I already see the difference in my balances and it's only been three months. I need to make sure I tithe this month.

P.E. exam: I studied every day for the exam last week. Woohoo. I can see my learning curve increasing. Hint: Don;t spend all day on the hard problems. So that the problems that I understand I cand do and do them quickly and correctly. And save studying for the hard questions till the end.

I plan to increase the my studying from 2 to 3 hours and try to review everynight for atleast thirty minutes. It's ambitious but I should atleast be able to do it a few nights a week.

No comments: