Monday, October 29, 2007

Who Am I Cheating?

It’s the end of the month, I’m over budget and I’m wondering if I should count this purchase in this category because then it’ll help in that category so I won’t be so much over budget in that category.  It sounds like I’m trying to cheat somebody out of something to make myself look good.  Seriously, I don’t answer to anyone but myself.  I am the boss of my personal finances.   I’ve been fudging my numbers but who am I cheating?   I’m cheating myself out of a much needed vacuum cleaner, my daughter of her college ed-u-ma-cation all because I wanted to buy a pretty water thingy and a scarecrow for Halloween.  Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Although, I have to admit I bought the pretty water thingy to motivate me to clean my home and it worked.  I am flawed in that way, sometimes I need major motivation to clean.  The 20 dollar purchase wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t spent $60 on Halloween things for mom and then $30 in a restaurant that same day. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Goal for next month: control impulse (off of work) spending.

No comments: