Wednesday, November 14, 2007

To Do Lists

I am notorious for not completing my to do lists, which leads to stress, which leads to longer to do lists, which leads to more stress.  So, I’m always coming up with some new plan or idea to improve my productivity.  Ironically, my to do lists are mostly outside of work.  My job is pretty relaxed, it’s my life that’s hectic.  I want to be a writer.  Yet, I barely make anytime to write.  I want to lose weight.  I want, I plan, and sometimes I forget.  So I’ve come up with a spreadsheet of things that I need to do on a daily/weekly basis.  I give myself a point for every activity/goal I achieved for that day, then I total them up at the end of the week.  Last week I achieved 62% of my goals, which included: Tai Chi or Yoga 3 days per week, cardio 3 days per week, weight lifting: 2 days per week,  Bogging 5 days per week, cleaning and writing 6 days per week, etc, etc.      

So here comes the challenging part:  How much can I improve?  I’m setting a goal to achieve 70% of my list for this week.  I hope to eventually get to 100%.  For me that is pretty ambitious if not impossible.  Wish me luck!

No comments: