Thursday, August 16, 2007

Operation Las Vegas

Operation Las Vegas

Arkansas is graduating in December and one of the places he wants to see is Las Vegas. Las Vegas is also on the top (it has recently beat out San Fransisco) in my daughters list of places she wants to see. So, I figured I would take them in December, contingent on me raising the ~$900 for flight and hotel. It may not be that high, I’ll have to call travel agents and research on my own how much it would cost. But I figured $300 a piece is a good estimate. So I have 4 months to raise $900. That’s $225/month.

How will I raise the money?

1. handing out phone books for the next couple of months (Manual labor, ewwwww)
2. Selling items on ebay
3. making money from my blog (yeah, right good luck with that.)
4. Sticking to my budget (starting in September because my budget is already blown)
5. Buying only one item (under $50) for Christmas. i.e. no splurging trying to outdo certain family members.

Now, I have to ask myself:

Why would I spend $300 (low estimate) on some man?
The money will be from side income, it’ll be fun, and I believe this man is worth it.

Why would I take my daughter?
The trip we took to Wisconsin has opened her mind. It was her first time out of state and we took a Greyhound bus so we passed through a lot of places. I see a big change in the way she looks at the world around her. Yesterday, she saw a car with a Georgia license plate. I said, “Dang, they drove far.” She said, “That’s not far, only three states from here.” My daughter isn’t the brightest person in the world. She’s smart but doesn’t think. So I was shocked and amazed when she not only knew there were three states separating us but named them.

So how am I going to have fun (adult fun) with a nine year old in tow?
Hopefully, I can get my best friend or my little sister to come and we can swap kids every other night.

Now, how can I justify taking a vacation when I still have credit card debt?
Well, the $1500 balance that will accrue interest will be paid off in September. And the other cc with a balance of $2,500 has 0% interest and will be paid off in November (I am expecting a lump some of money).

Wish me luck

No comments: