Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Saved Myself $972/year and aLump Sum of $1,129

In the spirit of fighting procrastination, yesterday I did some spring cleaning of my finances and saved myself $971/year. Go me!

Bills
canceled efax:
$17/month, $204/year

downgraded Netflix:
$13/month $156/year

increased home deductible and coverage:
$7/month, -79/year

increased geico deductible from $500 to $1000 to save:
10/month, $120/year

downgraded cable (They were charging me for $12/month for Cinemax):
$24/month, $288/year

canceled Vongo:
$10/month, $120/yr

savings of $81/month, $972/year

With the extra

Lump Sum
Disputed Let's Talk $150 (to credit card). They charged me $150 for returning their freaking m erchandise

Called AOL for credit for double charging: $77 (to credit card)

Applied for my daycare and health Reimbursement Account: $750 (I'm not officially saving money on this but I usually take forever for these reimbursements)

Requested Credit for Water Bill: $152

Total $1,129.

Where is the $1,129 going? easy. To my Chase Card (Amazon) that I used for rewards. Unfortuntately, I haven't been watching my spending for the last three months so I have a balance that I need to rapidly pay off.

Now where is the $81/month going. I could use it to pay off credit cards also but soemthing is telling me to apply it to my 401k. So let's comprise. $40 to 401k and $40 to savings!


So what reoccuring bills do you have that you need to cancel?

2 comments:

Single Ma said...

I've skimmed all of my bills to the bare minimum: no cable, no home phone, no subscriptions, etc. My well is dry.

Constance Burris said...

Can I take the jump. the plunge and do no cable and no netflix???? No home phone. Sigh.... That will be my next step.