Monday, July 23, 2007

Back To My Original Weight

Slolwy, very slowly, after six months I'm finally back to the wieght I was from a year ago. The weight I considered my normal weight but I changed jobs in August of 2006, and the tormoil threw off my eating habits and I gained eight pounds. Eight pounds on a short person (5'3") is a lot. I went back to my old, low stress job and after six months I've finally lost the eight pounds.

Contributing factors to weight gain in the first place:
  • I was doing all cardio and no weight lifting when I did make the time to work out.
  • There was a really good chinese restaurant next door. I went there and used stress as an excuse to eat.
  • I started eating Mcdonald's cheeseburgers and fries again.

When I list it that way, it doesn't seem like a big deal but those little additons added up to eight pounds in six months.

Contributing factors to weight loss:

  • My best friend thinks i've been taking diet pills. I did for two weeks but I didn't like the side effects. So no, I didn't use pills.
  • no hamburger meat, I buy turkey, fish or chicken instead.
  • On gym days (2-3 times a week) we have cereal or pb and jelly for dinner (my son loves that change).
  • I've added more and more fish to my diet, which is delicious and I can't believe I'm just now starting to cook it.
  • Use Splenda instead of sugar for Kool-Aide and tea. We can't tell the difference. But Splenda sucks in coffee.
  • On the days we don't have gym. I cook and we eat and either I'll go and mow the yard or we'll go bike riding. That burns off the food I'd just had. (I think this makes the second biggest difference)
  • And the most important thing for me: Stop over eating. I am the biggest over eater ever because I eat for pleasure.

No comments: