Friday, October 03, 2008

Represent

I am being challenged this week.  God is calling me out to be a leader.  Atleast that is what it feels like. 

I completed a survey from Ant’s school and somehow I’m the chair of his book fair. I could do the minimum, or I could put myself out there, risk failure, and try to do more than the minimum.  Hmm…. The fear of failure is a bitch.  But I’m gonna risk it. 

Setting up for the book fair is going to be a precursor to the life groups I plan to host, once I take and pass my exam.

I received a letter to attend a career day at a school.  I don’t want to go.  Last year I was hella nervous and it was not fun.  But once again, I gotta represent.  I gotta be seen.  I gotta stand out from the crowd.

Maya also has Saturday school once a month where parents are allowed to attend.  I don’t want to go.  I want to recede in my shell and act like I don’t exist.  I just want to drop her off and pick her like a regular parent. But once again, I gotta be seen.  The teacher’s at that school need to know I’m there for my child.  I gotta represent, I gotta be seen.  I have to show my child how to represent.

I gotta get out there and show the world Black, educated children of welfare do exist.  

I’m going to expect great things.

“Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.”  --Oprah Winfrey

 

 

No comments: